HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY INSTALL HANDMADE COILS
- Clean your RDA/RTA of e-liquid, removing the cotton and old coils.
- Select and prepare your new coils.
- Insert the new coils into the post holes, and gently tighten screws to secure.
- Centre the coil with a screwdriver or build-tool and use wire cutters to trim excess wire.
- Use an Ohm reader to check your resistance and make sure there are no shorting problems.
- While firing the coils at a reduced/controlled wattage, use ceramic tweezers to gently squeeze/manipulate them to ensure the coils heat up evenly from the inside outwards.
- Cut a strip of wicking material a similar size to the coil, then twist into shape.
- Insert the cotton through each coil.
- Trim any excess cotton evenly, whilst fluffing up for efficient wicking.
- Tuck both ends of cotton wick into the wells and add juice until your cotton is nice and saturated.